The best way to integrate Plausible Analytics with your WordPress website and get a nice Plausible configuration page directly in your WordPress dashboard is to install our official Plausible Analytics WordPress plugin.
- Serving the Plausible script as a first party from your custom domain
- Full support for events and goals including custom properties out of the box
- Tracking 404 page errors out of the box
- Tracking outbound link clicks out of the box
- Excludes admin users from having their visits and page views recorded out of the box (but you can disable this in case you want to track your visits)
- Full support for self-hosted instances of Plausible
Learn more about the Plausible Analytics WordPress plugin here.