There are several simple ways to integrate Plausible Analytics with your Hugo documentation site. Let's take a look at them:
Option 1 - recommended setup: Plausible Analytics community plugin
- "A Hugo plugin for Plausible Analytics". Built and maintained by Divinerites.
You'll find included a detailed documentation for using it.
It works for both:
- Plausible Analytics Cloud version
- Self-Hosted version.
You can use it as:
- a hugo module (recommended setup)
- a simple theme
And you can choose and manage all the Plausible functions:
- add custom goals
- add outbound link goal
- manage automatically 404 custom goal
- ignore tracking on certain pages
- proxy the script (or use deprecated custom cname)
- manage CSP rules
- embed your dashboard with 1 line of code
- eventually write public URL information in Web page source
Plus you can:
- debug your code
- avoid bloating your statistics while developing/debugging