It's time to ditch Google Analytics
Frustrated with Google Analytics? So are we and that's why we built Plausible Analytics, a simple, lightweight (< 1 KB), open source and privacy-friendly alternative that doesn't come from the adtech world.
Web analytics went from a simple, fun and useful practice for site owners to a data grabbing machine for surveillance capitalism. Google Analytics is frustrating to use, difficult to understand, slow to load and privacy-invasive too.
Plausible Analytics is built for privacy-conscious site owners. You get actionable stats to help you improve your efforts while your visitors keep having a nice and enjoyable experience. Here's what makes Plausible a great Google Analytics alternative:
Simple analytics at a glance
Plausible is simple analytics. It is easy to understand and it cuts through the noise. Check your site traffic and get all the essential insights on one page in one minute. There are no layers of menus, there is no need for you to build custom reports, custom dashboards or PowerPoint documents.
Lightweight script that keeps your site speed fast
Plausible is lightweight analytics. Our script is 45 times smaller than the Google Analytics script. Your page weight will be cut down, your site will load faster and you'll reduce your carbon footprint for a greener and more sustainable web.
No need for cookie banners or GDPR consent
Plausible is privacy-friendly analytics. All the site measurement is carried out absolutely anonymously. Cookies are not used and no personal data is collected. There are no persistent identifiers. No cross-site or cross-device tracking either. Your site data is not used for any other purposes.
Track events, goal conversions and campaigns
Plausible is useful. Answer the most important questions: where are your site visitors coming from and what are they viewing? Analyze your campaigns and dark traffic using UTM parameters. Track goals and events, see how they convert over time to understand and identify the trends that matter. Create custom metrics too.
Open and share your web analytics dashboard
Plausible is shareable. Your stats are private by default but you can choose to be transparent and make them public so anyone with your custom link can view them. You can also share your stats privately by generating a secure link. This link is impossible to guess but you can add password protection for extra security.
Transparent and fully open source software
Plausible is open source analytics. Our source code is available and accessible on GitHub so anyone can read it, inspect it and review it to verify that our actions match with our words. We welcome feedback and have a public roadmap. If you're happy to manage your own infrastructure, you can self-host Plausible too.
We hope you enjoy Plausible!
Uku and Marko
P.S. We're completely independent, self-funded, bootstrapped and debt-free. We're not interested in raising funds or taking investment. We choose the subscription business model rather than surveillance capitalism. We're operating a sustainable project funded solely by the fees that our subscribers pay us. Read more about us.
Simple, traffic-based pricing
Sign up for 30-day unlimited trial. No credit card required.
What people are saying
Why use Plausible Analytics?
Google Analytics is overkill for most site owners. Plausible Analytics is easy to use and understand with no training or prior experience.
- Quick and easy to integrate
- Simple to set up and integrate with popular tools such as WordPress, Ghost, Squarespace, Wix and Weebly. Supports single-page applications and hash-based routing.
- Unlimited websites
- All subscription plans support unlimited websites. You can add as many websites as you want under a single account. You are charged for the total pageviews of all of your websites combined.
- Automated email reports
- Keep an eye on your traffic with automated weekly and/or monthly email reports. Email reports can be scheduled to be sent to multiple recipients.
- Serve the script as a first-party connection
- You can serve our script from your domain name as a first-party connection from a subdomain such as plausible.yoursite.com or stats.yoursite.com.
- Own and control your data
- Your site data will never be shared with or sold to any third-parties. It will never be monetized, mined and harvested for personal and behavioral trends.
- Filter the dashboard by anything you click on
- Dig more in-depth and get further insights by filtering. Click on any metric to filter your dashboard by it. You can mix and match filters too.
- Integrate with Search Console
- Integrate with Google Search Console to see search queries people use to find your site in Google's search results directly in your Plausible dashboard.
- Analyze your UTM campaigns
- Tag all your links in emails and social media with UTM parameters and analyze your marketing campaigns directly in Plausible.