The goal of Plausible Analytics is to provide you all the valuable website traffic metrics at a glance in a simple web analytics dashboard.
You get to check your website traffic without deep layers of menus and without a need to create custom reports. Plausible presents you with all the most insightful website statistics on one single page. Here’s a closer look.
- What are web analytics?
- Google Analytics is a complex tool that requires education
- Plausible a simple web analytics tool
- Plausible is a more simple solution in other ways too
- Give Plausible a chance with a 30-day free trial
What are web analytics?
Web analytics is the process of measuring and analyzing the usage of a website. Website owners use the analytics data to assess the performance of a site, to figure out what they’re doing well and what no so well and to see what they can do to improve and optimize their future efforts.
Google Analytics is a complex tool that requires education
Google Analytics is the most popular web analytics tool. It is installed on and is tracking website traffic on 85% of all websites that use known web analytics tools. Google Analytics is widely spread but it is far from being an easy and simple site analytics tool to use.
When you open your Google Analytics, you’re welcomed with a very busy page full of analytics metrics. On the navigational menu on the left-hand side, you have ten different sections. Opening each of these ten menu items, we can count more than 40 sub-sections.
More than 20 of these sub-sections have additional menu items within them. The total count of these additional menu items is at more than 85 reports.
So in total, Google Analytics on the left-hand side navigation menu has more than 125 items for different reports you can gather your insights from. All these different reports track more than 290 different metrics combined.
That’s a full-time job which requires a lot of time, effort, expertise and experience to do well. Many Google Analytics users end up needing to create their own custom dashboards where they add different widgets with useful metrics that they actually get value from.
Then they ignore everything else that Google Analytics tracks. Many just ignore it completely as it’s overwhelming to even start with.
Google Analytics is a powerful but complex web analytics tool that takes time to understand, requires training and education. It collects way too many data points and most people find real and regular use for only a fraction of the data it measures.
It is a maximalist and overkill solution for most website owners. This is what made us build Plausible and why we believe Plausible is a great Google Analytics alternative.
Plausible a simple web analytics tool
Plausible cuts through all that noise that Google Analytics creates. Plausible is more simple to use as it tracks a smaller number of metrics and presents them on an easier to understand dashboard.
Rather than tracking every metric imaginable, many of them that you will never find a use for, Plausible focuses on the most essential website stats only.
There is no navigational menu. There are no additional sub-menus. There is no need to create custom reports. We provide you with a simple and useful web analytics dashboard out of the box.
It is easy to use and understand with no training or prior experience. Everything you need to know about your website traffic is on one page:
- Choose the time range that you want to analyze. The visitor numbers are automatically presented on an hourly, daily or monthly graph. The default time frame is set at the last 30 days.
- See the number of unique visitors, total page views and the bounce rate. These metrics include a percentage comparison to the previous time period so you understand if the trends are going up or down.
- Right below that you see all the top referral sources of traffic and all the most visited pages on your site. Bounce rates of the individual referrals and pages are included too.
- Underneath the referral sources and the most visited pages, you see the list of countries your traffic is coming from. You can also see the device, browser and operating system your visitors are using.
- Last but not least, you can even track events and goals to identify the number of converted visitors, conversion rate, to understand who is converting and the referral sites that send the traffic that converts the best.
With Plausible, you get all the important web analytics at a glance so you can focus on creating a better site.
We welcome feedback from our community. There’s a public roadmap and it’s driven by the features suggested by our community members. We are available to you via email too if you have any questions or need any help.
We are an open-source web analytics platform too and our code is accessible to everyone so you can read and review it.
Plausible is a more simple solution in other ways too
1. Lightweight script that doesn’t slow down your site
Analytics scripts have a performance impact on the page weight and the loading time speed of a website. Plausible aims to provide you with all the essential website traffic insights without a negative impact on your site speed.
Our analytics script is 17 times smaller than the Google Analytics script and 45 times smaller than the recommended Google Analytics integration using Google Tag Manager. It is lighter and faster to load so you will reduce the page weight of your site compared to when using Google Analytics.
3. You can keep your website experience simple and visitor-friendly
By using Plausible, you don’t need to compromise the user experience of your website. You don’t need to have any prompts to obtain consent for GDPR, CCPA or PECR.
You don’t need to show any cookie banners either. You can focus on creating a pure web experience instead and your visitors can enjoy your site without any annoyances and distractions.
4. Simple to set up and integrate into your website
5. Created by an independent developer
Plausible is not created by one of the largest companies in the world and is not run by a huge team. Plausible has been created by an independent developer with no big team and no external funding. By using Plausible, you will support indie-developers, indie-businesses and an independent web.
Give Plausible a chance with a 30-day free trial
Plausible is a simple, open-source and privacy-friendly site analytics tool. You can sign up for a 30-day free trial and explore our GDPR, CCPA and PECR compliant simple web analytics dashboard. You don’t need to remove your current analytics provider either until you’ve tested Plausible and figured out if you like our product.