Position: Technical Customer Success Manager
Location: Remote (worldwide)
Hours: 20-40 hrs/week
Who we are
Plausible Analytics is an open source alternative to Google Analytics. Our mission is to reduce corporate surveillance by providing an alternative web analytics tool that doesn’t come from the AdTech world. To learn more, you can check out the live demo of our product and read more about us.
Plausible is trusted by 7,000+ subscribers including Ghost, Basecamp, elementary OS and System76. The full-time team is four people in different corners of the EU, although we’re happy to work with people from around the world. We are completely independent (no VC money) and profitable on a steady growth path.
We are looking for a technically savvy customer success manager. Taking care of customers is our high priority and would be your primary responsibility.
Since we’re a small team and we put a lot of effort into reducing the volume of customer support requests, there’s a wide variety of other things to do too. This means that you need to be a generalist with an interest in customer support, content marketing and social media management.
Examples of the kinds of things you’ll be working on:
- Monitoring email, Twitter, Mastodon, LinkedIn, GitHub and other feedback channels
- Making sure that people get timely, friendly and useful responses
- Improving our blog and documentation by writing, creating, editing and updating content
- Jumping on a call and doing product demos with potential subscribers that prefer calls
- Identifying common issues and trends and finding ways to address, fix, automate, document and reduce challenges customers experience
- Troubleshooting, investigating, and creating detailed bug reports
- Working closely with our developers to escalate highly technical questions, bug reports and other ideas for how we can improve
- Community management on social media, GitHub and niche communities, which includes posting new content and engaging with the people that talk about us
This role comes with a lot of autonomy as well as responsibility. What we are looking for in you:
- You have experience working directly with customers - for instance in a troubleshooting environment
- You’re a strong, concise writer that can explain things clearly, simplify technical language and make it accessible, and break down complex topics into easy-to-follow guides while being friendly and professional
- Because of the technical nature of our product, you understand how websites work and have experience using web analytics. This includes being able to troubleshoot issues in browser-based developer tools
- You’re happy working remotely with minimal supervision. You’re a manager of one
- You’re a resourceful problem solver and enjoy figuring things out on your own
- You have experience with writing and creating online content including blog posts, images, GIFs and videos, and understand best practices for doing so
- You’re happy to occasionally, in urgent situations, send some emails in the evenings or weekends
- You’ve read our blog posts, such as this one, so you know what kind of company we are and how we think about work, growth and support
Working with us
We work remotely and flexibly. There won’t be more than one internal meeting per week. We communicate mainly around HEY email threads and Basecamp chat. Our collaboration is primarily through written communication, so we value good writers.
You will be working closely with the current team:
- Uku (Design and development)
- Marko (Marketing and communication)
- Robert (Development and technical support)
- Cenk (Infrastructure and security)
- You (Customer success)
As a small company, we can accommodate a wide range of working hours, vacation time and other working arrangements. We’re a startup. Work here is unstructured.
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about yourself, what you’ve done in the past and what you can bring to Plausible
- We will be accepting applications until the 15th of July 2022. There’s no benefit to applying early, so take your time, and forget that generic resume
- Introductory interview with Marko
- Final interview with Uku & Marko
If you aren’t interested yourself, please consider if you know someone who might be and share this ad with them.