Plausible Analytics has a very flexible support for goals and events. These are actions that you want your users to take such as sign up to a newsletter, click on the "Download" button, sign up for a trial account, click on an external link, download a file or complete the checkout form of your ecommerce store.
By setting up goals and events, you can track the number of conversions, conversion rate, referrer sources and entry pages that are driving conversions and the top pages that people convert on.
After setting up a goal, it will show up in the "Goal Conversions" section of your dashboard when we record the first conversion. Then you can click on the particular goal to filter the dashboard by it and get all the insights.
There are several types of goals in Plausible Analytics:
- Pageview goals allow you to measure how many people visit a specific section of your site (for instance dynamically created ecommerce checkout pages)
- Custom event goals allow you to measure button clicks or form completions
- Outbound link clicks allow you to measure clicks on external links
- File downloads allow you to track when a visitor clicks a link leading to a file
- 404 error pages allow you to measure page not found errors